Project under the Operational program
Project BG05SFOP001-2.012-0001 "Enhancing the analytical capacity of the Energy and Water Regulatory Commission" under the Operational Program Good Governance
The Energy and Water Regulatory Commission (EWRC) is a beneficiary under the contract № BG05SFOP001-2.012-0001-С01 providing a grant, totaling 1 300 000 BGN, for funding the project BG05SFOP001-2.012-0001 entitled “Enhancing the analytical capacity of the Energy and Water Regulatory Commission”. The project is implemented under procedure BG05SFOP001-2.012 with the financial support of the Operational program "Good Governance", co-financed by the European Union through the European Social Fund. The total grant amount is BGN 1 300 000, of which BGN 1 105 000 is from the European Social Fund and BGN 195 000 is national co-financing.
The project conducted by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is implemented on the basis of a Project Implementation Support Services Agreement between EWRC and EBRD for providing support of projects in the regulatory activity and its duration is 18 months. The project is aimed at enhancing the analytical and technical capacity of the regulator and improving the regulation of prices and the efficiency of the electricity market, in particular the efficiency of electricity network enterprises and the quality of network services provided by them.
• Development of draft ordinances, methodologies, manuals and rules for market monitoring ;
• Development of internal rules for the EWRC investigative expert;
• Development of draft rules for conducting a uniform regulatory accounting for the electricity distribution system operators (DSOs);
• Development of draft methodology for assessment of capital and operating expenses of DSOs;
• Development of draft methodology for linking of regulated revenue of distribution network enterprises with indicators of efficiency and quality of services;
• Conduct trainings of EWRC experts on the exercise of EWRC powers under REMIT.
Project "Implementation of the Euro Electricity Market in Bulgaria – II phase", financed by the Programme BG04 "Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy" of the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area (EEA FM) 2009-2014